Sunday 14 July 2013

Alhamdulilah


Alhamdulilah ( All praise is due Allah (swt)) another fast has been completed. I always find day 3 the hardest. A challenge and I’m not really sure why. I think my body tries to resist and the lack of sleep and change of routine starts to get to me, Alhamdulilah by day 4 I think my body accepts that this is just the way things are. Inshallah your bodies are coming to accept the changes that this month is bringing about. I pray inshallah that while Ramadan is supposed to be hard, that the month gets easier as we go progress.

I’ve come to realise that I am thankful to Allah (swt) but perhaps I just don’t say Alhamdulilah enough. After all it is very easy to be living in the moment, enjoying the moment and just smiling at what you have. Often when you look around at what you have it is quite nice to smile and say “yes, I worked hard”, or “yes, I have it all”, or “yes, I am so lucky” but really we “need” to be saying “Alhamdulilah”. I for one realise I just don’t say it enough…

On day three I was feeling not myself at all. I wanted to eat something comforting. We had already chosen to eat Pakistani food so it was fairly easy. I made a very lightly spiced dhal which would be gentle on the stomach. Unfortunately my husband does not eat dhal so I had to make something else as well. I decided to opt for a spiced lamb heavy on onion and black spices, omitting tomatoes, and topping off with creamy Greek yoghurt and finished off with finely chopped coriander. I really loved this meal as the slow cooked lamb with a creamy tang and the dhal were just what I needed to perk me up a bit. Alhamdulilah!

No comments:

Post a Comment