Tuesday 16 August 2011

Quick Palov

I’ve been slack of late, not necessarily in art of cooking but more in remembering to photograph or where I have remembered to photograph I’ve just been lazy in writing things up! Not good! Alhumdulilah, we’ve been fortunate enough to choose a different country to eat from every day this Ramadan and my objective was to share this so inshallah I will start sharing!



Last night for iftari we ate Palov from Uzbekistan done earlier (click Uzbekistan on the side - I can't figure out links!). Actually it was very easy almost too easy! Before Ramadan I had prepared the lamb stock for the palov which meant that with iftari at approximately 8:23 last night the food didn’t actually get on to cook until 8pm! My husband did actually question me a couple of times to make sure I was on schedule.

The plus point was that all I had to do was chop carrots, if I had been at work I would have bought pre chopped carrots, but honestly I needed something to do just to pass the time! Once my carrots were chopped perfectly all that remained to do was drain and wash the chick peas, throw in the pre-soaked rice, the mandatory head of garlic and hey presto iftari was done! It was so easy, quick and brilliant for when your head just isn’t functioning.

Alhumudlilah everyone enjoyed iftari.

2 comments:

  1. masha'allah what a quick and simple dish..I love rice but this one will have to wait for me to try it after Ramadhan insha'allah... not man Algerians eat rice while fasting unfortunately :(
    looks delicious though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insh'Allah I hope you get to try it after Eid.

    ReplyDelete